"Quiet Time" Devotional Guide
The "Order of Morning and Evening Prayer" is the Anglican "quiet time" devotional guide. Compare it with other daily devotionals. Our's helps in so many more ways:
- To confess our sins,
- To read and study the Bible (intensely and comprehensively),
- To rehearse the essentials of the Gospel (Creed),
- To pray with other Christians corporately,
- To pray for neighbors, ministers, authorities, and enemies,
- To give thanks to Christ for answered prayer according to God's mercy.
No daily devotional guide is as comprehensive as the Book of Common Prayer's "Order of Morning and Evening Prayer." It is NOT just a study guide. It is NOT just a meditational guide. It is NOT just a liturgical service. It is NOT just for mature adults. It is a guide for all circumstances, stages, and purposes of Christian living. Those who do the "daily offices" only on Sunday under the direction of a minister are missing their point entirely. This Anglican devotional is meant primarily for daily use in the Christian home under the direction of its "head of household."
Beware the advice that "quiet time" should be easy. If it's comfortable then it's not helping you to mature in Christ. Anglicanism's "quiet time" devotional is a guide and encouragement for Christians that expect to be changed, sanctified DAY BY DAY according to the will and direction of the Holy Spirit of God.